Monday, June 28, 2010

Sisters Getaway


Last Monday Colleen, Shannon and I traveled to Hilton Head, South Carolina for some rest and relaxation. We've been talking for months how much we wanted to go to the beach, so we finally decided to do it. After all, it's the summer and nothing says summer better than some sand between your toes and a ocean to dive into.

We had three full days on the beach and all three days we had gorgeous weather. I couldn't have asked for anything nicer. It was hot, but there was just enough of a breeze to remind you that you were by the ocean. The water was great too! It felt like bath water because it was so warm.

Highlights of the trip were definitely eating crab legs every night while we were there. While my husband craves nothing more than a big juicy steak, I crave nothing more than some good ol' crab legs. I didn't plan on ordering them that many times, but then I sorta thought if I ordered anything else I would be disappointed.

Another high light was sitting at the tiki bar right on the beach and drinking pina coladas. I know it's kinda cliche, but whenever I'm near a beach I get a huge craving for a pina colada. I don't even like them that much, but it's like once I step foot onto some sand there isn't anything better.

One day while we were in the ocean Shannon found a sand dollar. We thought it was the coolest thing ever until we realized that there were hundreds of them. So, we immediately started loading up. I've bought them before in stores, but how cool would it have been to say that I actually found it! So, as we were walking back to our beach spot, so excited about our new found treasure the life guard came over and informed us that we were not allowed to take sand dollars from the ocean because they were still alive. Apparently it's like a five hundred dollar fine...for a sand dollar? I guess I'll be buying the ones in the store...

We had a great time though. It's been a lot of fun hanging out with Colleen and Shannon this summer. I think we should start making this a yearly tradition, sisters getaway.

1 comment:

  1. The 'sisters getaway' definitely was the highlight of my summer. I had such a good time with you and Colleen!!! We had a lot of laughs...I won't complain if we make it a yearly tradition :)

    ReplyDelete