Monday, June 7, 2010

Running


Being married to an Army guy means they're always in great shape, and their bodies always look like a chiseled piece of art. I think my husband works out twice a day while he has been deployed...twice a day?!?! I considered myself a healthy person and in fairly good shape, but that was all before I met my work out psycho husband four years ago. Steve is a very active person and loves doing anything sports related, so I decided while he was deployed I was going to get my butt into gear and get in great shape, or at least somewhat comparable to Steve. I knew it would be a good stress reliever and I'm already starting to love the effects it has on my body. I have more energy and my muscles in my legs and arms are already starting to feel more toned. I can't wait for Steve to see my accomplishments when he gets home. I've started doing a lot of long distance running which I thought I would absolutely hate, but turns out I love it. I love pushing my body and it really does help clear my mind! I'm a worrier by nature, just ask my husband, so when I'm in my groove and running on the treadmill or track it helps wash away all those worries! It's about an hour or so out of my day that I'm not worrying about Steve, my family, Rocky and less trivial things like my hair, what I'm gonna cook for dinner or what laundry detergent I should buy...yes, I said I was a worrier. This past weekend was the Blue Plum Festival. It's a local festival that is held every year where I grew up. One of the events was a 5k race that ran through the heart of downtown Johnson City. I thought what the hell and decided to pay my $20.00 and enter the race. Oh, I had a blast. It was soooooo much fun!!! My Dad and sister, Colleen came out to cheer me on, along with all the other spectators. I've already decided that I'm going to do another one in July that is an 8k. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment