Sunday, March 21, 2010

Welcome!

Hello to those of you who are reading this!

I decided to create a blog while Steve is deployed to Iraq for these seven months. It seemed like a good way for family and friends to keep in touch while Steve is gone. Plus I thought Steve might enjoy reading about the everyday experiences of what we have all been up to. I know he will get a kick out of the experiences that I will have these next seven months. If you know me, then you know that with my crazy animals and sometimes Blonde moments, there will be a few laughs along the way!

So, that's what this blog is all about. Keeping friends and family up to date on Steve, and keeping Steve current on how we are all doing.

Well, I will start with me. Steve left on Tuesday....boo.....I'm hangin in there though. I don't think it has sunk in yet that he is not just gone for the weekend. I'm keeping busy though. Steve said he wanted me to be able to do more pull ups that him when he gets back, so yesterday I spent a couple hours at the gym. Needless to say, I don't think this will happen, as I can barely do one. I remember in middle school when I actually held the record (for girls, of course) for pull ups. Of course that was back when I only weighed like 60 pounds or something. I just had a flash back of my nickname in middle school....Branch...oh yes! I was skinny, skinny, skinny and flat, flat, flat. The name Branch was not far fetch at all.

My Mom is coming today, along with her two little babies, who by the way aren't housebroken yet. However, my Mom is always resourceful. She decided to make diapers for her little fury angels. So, now Charlie and Cosmo are running around with diapers.....how embarrassing for these two. Hopefully they will be trained to lift their legs outside, instead of on my Dad's briefcase.

Today starts March Madness. It's crazy that I know this. You can thank my husband for that. Two things I thought I would never know...when March Madness starts, and how to clean a dog's anal glands.

This was the second year that Virginia Tech didn't make it to the dance. Steve wasn't too happy about that one, as he threw his water bottle at the TV. At least my team, Sharon and Dad's teams made it! Go Bucs and Terps! I hope he will be able to watch some of the games over in dust land. If you know Steve, then you know his obsession for sports, which by the way is indeed an obsession. If you've ever watched Steve watch a VT game then you know what I mean. The man is addicted, which is why I know that today starts March Madness.

Well, that's about all for now. I hope you have enjoyed reading this first blog.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Alison and Steve! This is a terrific idea as I've been asking everyone for over a month if Steve had been deployed. No one knew so I was really glad you decided to do this. I will, of course, pray for his safety and your sanity while he is over there. If you get bored or have time on your hands, come see us in Sparkle City...we'd love to have you and Jess and Nolan will entertain you!!! Love you,
    "Aunt" Lynn. You can drop the "Aunt" part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, what a fantastic idea! This is better than facebook. :) I will check back every week. Hope you are coping alright, and if you want to visit NYC, you always have a place to stay. Love, Cousin Amy
    P.S. Hi Steve!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! It's good to know that people are actually reading my blog. I thank you very much for keeping us in your prayers and the invitations! It's always nice to hear from you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Alison,

    Really like the 'blog'. Your Mom and I just read it! Keep us posted and maybe have Steve send a few pix from Iraq to put up as well. See you this Friday!

    Love,

    Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete