Monday, October 4, 2010

Marine Corp Mud Run 2010



A few months ago my dear friend, Lea posted a message on Facebook looking for a team of four girls to compete in the Marine Corp Mud Run in Columbia, SC. I thought this sounded pretty interesting and immediately jumped at the chance to among the foursome. I didn't really know much about this "so called" mud run other than that it was a four mile course, you got muddy and there were a couple obstacles along the way. As the time drew nearer for the day of the race I talked to my friend, Caitlin who was also on Team Awesome...yes, this really was our team name, and yes we're pretty gosh darn awesome. Well, Caitlin informed that this Mud Run wasn't just filled with oh a couple little obstacles, but more like thirty two!!! The notion of what did I get myself into certainly crossed my mind. So...let's just I was a little worried as I drove to Columbia that Saturday morning on the day of the race. We didn't start until 4:00 pm and the whole course took about an hour and a half. When we arrived at the starting point I saw several people who had already completed their Mud Run and they certainly go their money's worth when it came to the mud factor. People were covered from their head to their toes with thick, dark, MUD. The though of what did I get myself into passed through my head several more times before we started the race. Once we got under way and went through the first muddy obstacle all fears were alleviated. I knew we were going to have so much fun, after all we're pretty gosh darn awesome! Lea, Caitlin, Johanna and myself definitely used plenty of team work during the length of the course. We pushed and pulled and YES got very dirty, but we did finish the Mud Run!!!



It was so much fun and I defiantly encourage people to do it next year! Thanks, girls for a lot of good ol' dirty fun!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you girls had a lot of fun. Hope that you can make it a tradition.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete